|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||70-75 minutes|
- 1 package chocolate cake mix or chocolate cake recipe (gluten free)
- 2 package cream cheese softened, 8 ounces each
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 eggs lightly beaten
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup butter cubed
- 3 egg yolks beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup pecans chopped
- Prepare cake batter according to package directions, set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add eggs, beat on low speed just until combined.
- Pour half of the cake batter into a greased 9 x 13 baking dish. Gently pour cream cheese mixture over batter. Gently spoon remaining batter over top: spread to edge of pan.
- Bake at 325 for 70-75 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack for 1 hour. Refrigerate.
- For frosting, combine sugar, milk, butter and egg yolks in a heavy saucepan. Cook and stir over medium-low heat until thickened and a thermometer reads 200. Remove from the heat. Stir in vanilla; fold in coconut and pecans. Cool until frosting reaches spreading consistency. Frost cooled cake. Refrigerate leftovers.
Share this Recipe